SYLLABUS FOR PRE-ENTRY TEST(PET), 2020
The Test shall have Two Sections : Section-I and Section-II
Time 2 hours
Type of question———————-MCQ
Number of question —————–100
Mark carried by each question—– 1
Marking system : The performance of the candidates shall be evaluated both on the basis of
correct and incorrect responses recorded on the OMR sheet. For every incorrect response, 0.25
mark shall be deducted from the total marks secured by the candidate for correct responses. More
than one response given to a question will be treated as incorrect response.
Section : I —— 35 marks
A. General English 10 marks
B. General Knowledge 15 marks
C. Reasoning 10 marks
Section : II ——- 65 marks
A. General Mathematics 15 marks
B. General Science & EVS 15 marks
C. Social Science 20 marks
D. Language (Assamese/Bangla/Bodo) 15 marks
A. General English : vocabulary, tenses, verbs, preposition, comprehension, voice-change,
narration, adverbs, synonyms, antonyms
B. General Knowledge : Current affairs, who is who, abbreviations, constitution of India,
History of Assam, Inventions and discoveries, Sports. Art and culture, Every day Science,
World Organizations, Geography of India, Educational Commissions and Committees, New
Educational Initiatives, Educational Organizations
C. Reasoning : Logical and analytical reasoning ,pattern etc.
A. Mathematics :
Numbers : Natural, whole, even and odd numbers, prime and composite numbers, place
value, four fundamental operations of number, factors and multiples, prime factors, LCM and
HCF, ascending and descending order.
Fractions : Concept of fraction and its uses,
Percentage : Concept of percentage, solving problems involving percentage, profit and loss.
Money : Concept of money, solving problems involving money.
Geometry : Angles, types of angles, types of triangle, types of quadrilateral, circle.
Measurement : Length, area, volume and perimeter of different geometrical figures,
Measurement of weight and time.
Data handling : Representation of data, Bar diagram, Pie diagram.
Square & square root : Concept of square root, solving problems involving square root.
Ratio and proportion
Simple algebraic equation.
B. Science & Environmental Science
Natural and Social Environment,
Factors influencing environment.
Causes of environmental degradation : Air, water, sound and soil pollution.
Environmental Issues : Flood, erosion, earthquake, deforestation, population explosion.
Environmental protection- Constitutional provision, Protection Acts, Role of individual and
local bodies, NGOs and Government.
Different states and characteristics of matter, physical and chemical change,
Force, energy, motion
Cell–Plant and animal cell, structures
Adaptation in plants, reproduction in plants
Heat and temperature, measurement of temperature
Acid, Bases and Salt
Light and Reflections
Weather and climate
Respiration in organism and in plants
C. Social Science
Natural and human resources
Atmosphere and its different layers
Freedom movement of India and role of India
Constitution of India and its importance
Democracy and its principles
Rise and fall of Ahom kingdom
Ancient urban civilization
Government : State and Central
Earth and its structure
Consumer protection and right
Role of financial institutions in socio economic development of the society
Transport and communication
Agricultural and Industrial development
India after independence
Contribution of medieval administrators on socio economic development in Assam .
Objectives of Language learning
Importance of language learning
Application of phrases and idioms
Skills of language learning (listening, speaking, reading and writing skill).
Methods of language teaching
Difference between home language and mother tongue
Suffix, prefix, gender, coalescence of two words according to rules of grammar(sandhi)
The verb and number (singular and plural)
Reading Comprehension Test
Nattabidhi [ÌQø¬ıøÒ], Sattabidhi [¯∏Qø¬ıøÒ]
Official Website : Click Here..
- Lakhimpur Medical College Recruitment 2020 | 521 Posts Online Apply (Grade- III, IV)
- DME Assam Recruitment 2020 | 79 Posts Online Apply (Lakhimpur Medical College & Hospital)
- Gauhati High Court LDA Previous Papers || Download Gauhati High Court LDA/ Typist/ Copyist Question Papers Dowload
- Lockdown e-Pass Apply Online Now (State Wise) All India | Corona Curfew e-Pass
- KDMC Recruitment 2020 | Medical & Paramedical Staff | 546 Post
- Aadhaar Card Download, Correction, Status Online | “Mera Aadhaar Meri Pehchaan”
- Prime Minister Jan Arogya Yojana Find Your Name @ mera.pmjay.gov.in
- AHSEC 12th Books PDF Download Now | Arts, Science, Commerce E-Book @ ahsec.nic.in
- DEE Assam LP/UP TET Teacher Merit List Download 2020 (District Wise Merit List)
- Assam COVID-19 Lockdown E-Pass Apply Online
- Assam Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) 2020-2021| Notification,Syllabus @dte.assam.gov.in
- APSC Recruitment 2020 | Assistant Engineer (Civil) Sericulture [Last Date Extended]Last Date: 04/06/2020
- IOCL Assistant Officer Posts Recruitment 2020 | Apply OnlineLast Date: 06/05/2020